Students tell us again and again that what truly distinguishes New England Law | Boston is our genuine, student-centered community. We take a personal interest in helping you attain academic excellence and providing the support you need. You’ll find an overview of our law student support services below.
Director of Student Services Jacqui Pilgrim helps support our law students through mental health resources, assistance with study abroad programs, and more.
An Open-Door Policy
The Office of Student Services is more than just a student center. We provide the resources that supplement your academic experience and allow you to thrive in law school. The Office of Student Services supports students with:
- Mental health and wellness
- Study abroad and visiting student programs
- Accommodations for students with disabilities
- And more
Above all, the Office of Student Services is a safe, confidential space with an open-door policy, available to you starting your first day on campus and throughout your time at New England Law.
Mental Health Services
We know law school can be stressful. That’s why we provide proactive mental health, wellness, and stress-relief resources. We also encourage students to reach out to the Office of Student Services whenever needed. Among our mental health and wellness offerings:
- On-site counselor available via scheduled appointments once a month (This service is provided in partnership with Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, ensuring the counselor is trained in the unique needs of lawyers and law students.)
- Events throughout the school year, including wellness speakers and relaxation activities
- Referrals to local mental health services and providers (Students enrolled in the law school’s health insurance policy can take advantage of mental health services covered through our policy.)
Study Abroad and Visiting Student Programs
Offered in conjunction with the Consortium for Innovative Legal Education, New England Law offers a variety of study abroad programs around the world and visiting student programs in the U.S. The Office of Student Services helps students coordinate many of these experiences, including:
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
The law school grants appropriate accommodations to students with disabilities pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Our policies, procedures, and guidelines for students with disabilities can be found here.
Other Resources for Law Students
The Office of Student Services works with faculty and staff to ensure your New England Law experience is both productive and enjoyable. Additional resources and programming for law students include: