Students tell us again and again that what truly distinguishes New England Law | Boston is our genuine, student-centered community. We take a personal interest in helping you attain academic excellence and providing the support you need. You’ll find an overview of our law student support services below.
An Open-Door Policy
The Office of Student Services is more than just a student center. We provide the resources that supplement your academic experience and allow you to thrive in law school. The Office of Student Services supports students with:
- Mental health and wellness
- Study abroad and visiting student programs
- Accommodations for students with disabilities
- And more
Above all, the Office of Student Services is a safe, confidential space with an open-door policy, available to you starting your first day on campus and throughout your time at New England Law.
Mental Health Services
We know law school can be stressful. That’s why we provide proactive mental health, wellness, and stress-relief resources. We also encourage students to reach out to the Office of Student Services whenever needed.
Our mental health and wellness offerings will continue to expand as we locate additional avenues of support for our students. Currently we offer:
- On-site counseling available via scheduled or walk-in appointments
- Telehealth mental health services through UWill
- Referrals to longer-term mental health services and providers (students enrolled in the law school’s health insurance policy can take advantage of mental health services covered through our policy)
- Events throughout the school year, including wellness speakers and relaxation activities
New England Law also partners with Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, ensuring counseling and other offerings are specific to the unique needs of lawyers and law students.
The Office of Student Services provides accommodations and services to qualified students pursuant to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA). Our policies, procedures, and guidelines for students can be found here.
Other Resources for Law Students
The Office of Student Services works with faculty and staff to ensure your New England Law experience is both productive and enjoyable. Additional resources and programming for law students include:
Study Abroad and Visiting Student Programs
The Office of Student Services helps students coordinate study abroad in Galway, Ireland and visiting student programs.